Energizer Resources Announces Results of 2013 Annual and Special Meeting of Stockholders and Appointment of Officers Mine Development
Resolution 1: At the meeting, holders of at least 91% of the outstanding common stock cast voted to approve the election of the following persons to serve as directors of the Company. Each director will hold his office for a term expiring at the next annual meeting of stockholders or until his successor is duly elected and qualified:
- V. Peter Harder
- John Sanderson
- Richard Schler
- Craig Scherba
- Quentin Yarie
- Johann de Bruin
- Albert A. Thiess, Jr.
The following are the results of the other matters presented at the Meeting. The percentages noted below are the “For” votes and expressed as a percentage of the total votes cast:
- Resolution 2: 97% ratified the appointment of MNP LLP, as the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014 and authorized the directors to fix remuneration;
- Resolution 3: 83% approved the Company’s Amended and Restated 2006 Stock Option Plan
- Resolution 4: 95% approved the Company’s private placement as outlined in the information circular;
- Resolution 5: 90% approved, on a non-binding basis, executive officer compensation through the “say-on-pay” resolution; and
- Resolution 6: for the non-binding “say-on-frequency” resolution, 47% voted for 1 year, 13% voted for 2 years, 38% voted for 3 years and 2% abstained from voting.
Following the Meeting, the Board of Directors of the Company approved the reappointment of the following executive officers:
- V. Peter Harder as Chairman of the Board
- John Sanderson as Vice Chairman of the Board
- Richard Schler as Chief Executive Officer
- Craig Scherba as President and Chief Operating Officer
- Peter Liabotis as Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary
In addition to the executive officer appointments, Energizer formed a “compensation and corporate governance committee”. This committee will oversee the nomination of directors to the board, review and approve the compensation of senior officers and oversee other corporate governance matters. This committee is comprised of three directors: John Sanderson (Committee Chairman) and V. Peter Harder, both independent director’s plus Richard Schler, Energizer’s CEO. Further, Energizer appointed three independent directors to the audit committee: Albert A. Thiess, Jr. (Committee Chairman) as well as John Sanderson and V. Peter Harder.
About Energizer Resources
Energizer Resources Inc. is a mineral exploration and development company based in Toronto, Canada, which is focused on developing its 100%-owned flagship Molo flaked Graphite Project located near Fotadrevo, in southern Madagascar.
For more information, please visit our website at www.energizerresources.com or contact:
Brent Nykoliation, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development
Toll Free: 800.818.5442 or 416.364.4911
or Craig Scherba, President and COO