Uranium Star Establishes Special Advisory Committee for Emerging World-Class Vanadium Project in Madagascar
Uranium Star Corp.’s (OTCBB:URST) (FRANKFURT:YE5) (“Uranium Star” or “the Company”) Green Giant Vanadium Project in Madagascar is emerging as a potential world-class deposit.
Given the anticipated future demand for high-quality steel products in conjunction with the focus on “Green Technology” products such as batteries for renewable energy storage and electric cars, the world’s consumption of vanadium is forecasted to go much higher.
Recognizing this opportunity, Uranium Star is moving to strategically position the company and its Green Giant Project in the best possible political and financially sound position.
To help attain that goal, Uranium Star is very pleased to announce that the company has engaged the Honourable Brian Tobin, P.C., ICD.D to lead these important initiatives. To facilitate this process, Uranium Star will establish a Special Advisory Committee on which Mr. Tobin will act as Chairperson.
Mr. Tobin is clearly suited to this task as can be best seen in this brief outline of his many accomplishments.
- The Hon. Brian V. Tobin, P.C., ICD.D, is currently Senior Business Advisor with Fraser Milner Casgrain LLP in Toronto. Mr. Tobin serves on a number of public company boards including Lions Gate Entertainment Corp., Aecon Group Inc. and Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines Limited and he is Chairman of the board for New Flyer Industries Inc.
- The Hon. Brian V. Tobin, P.C., ICD.D, served as the Federal Minister of Industry from October 2000 to January 2002.
- Previously he served as the Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador from 1996 to 2000 and won two consecutive majority governments in provincial elections held in February 1996 and February 1999.
- Mr. Tobin served as a Member of Parliament from 1980 to 1996 and served as Minister of Fisheries and Oceans in the federal cabinet from 1993 to 1996.
- Mr. Tobin is also a director of CommerceTel Canada Inc., Marport Deep Sea Technologies Inc., Kruger Inc. and Canpages Inc.
- In addition, Mr. Tobin is a strategic advisor to a number of Canadian corporations. He is also Special Advisor for Advancing Canadian Entrepreneurship Inc.
- Mr. Tobin has completed his memoirs entitled, ‘All in Good Time’ published by Penguin Books.
Kirk McKinnon, President & CEO commented “Brian Tobin will add a special dimension to moving the Green Giant Project forward as his proven skills are well understood and acknowledged in the political and business arenas. Brian will provide Uranium Star with leadership, experience and counsel that will greatly enhance the progression of the Green Giant Project and will serve Uranium Star very well. The company is fortunate that he has chosen to participate in the company’s new and rapidly emerging Green Giant Vanadium discovery.”
To learn more about Uranium Star’s Potential World Class Discovery of Vanadium, please reference our 5 latest press releases on our website at www.uraniumstar.com.
December 15, 2008 – Uranium Star Confirms 21 Km Trend of Significant Vanadium
January 29, 2009 – Assay Results Indicate World-Class Vanadium Potential
April 29, 2009 – Uranium Star Re-Commences Exploration on its Green Giant Vanadium Project in Madagascar
May 27, 2009 – Uranium Star – Initial Trench Results on Green Giant Vanadium Project
June 22, 2009 – Uranium Star Releases 15 Additional Trench Results on Green Giant Vanadium Project
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Uranium Star Corp. is a rapidly emerging exploration company with assets in Madagascar (Vanadium) and Northern Quebec (Uranium). Its shares are traded on the OTCBB under the symbol URST and in the Frankfurt Exchange under the symbol YE5, and is currently working towards its listing on the TSX Venture Exchange. The Company continues to focus on high priority property acquisition and exploration in order to participate in meeting the significant and increasing demand for uranium and other strategic metals as alternative energy sources.
Vice President of Business Development
Uranium Star Corp.
Toll Free: 800.818.5442 or 416.364.4911
Kirk McKinnon, President & CEO
Richard Schler, Chief Operating Officer & CFO
WARNING: The statements made in this news release may contain forward-looking statements that may involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Actual events or results could differ materially from expectations and projections set out herein.